The Global Certification Forum brings together the world’s leading experts on the interoperability of mobile products from manufacturers, operators, test equipment manufacturers and other industry stakeholders.
GCF membership is open to any organisation with an interest in cellular mobile connectivity. Participating companies demonstrate their shared commitment to supplying the end-users with products that work effectively and efficiently on multiple mobile networks worldwide.
Manufacturers can certify any product incorporating mobile connectivity based on 3GPP and 3GPP2 technologies including:
- Handsets: smartphones/feature phones
- Reference design platforms
- Wireless modems
- Mobile gateways/hotspots
- Laptops & notebook PCs
- ‘Internet of Things’ and M2M products for "smart city", transportation, metering and other applications
GCF is also promoting interoperability within the mobile eco-system with processes for certifying:
- Embedded wireless modules that add mobile connectivity to other products
- GSMA's eSIM / Remote SIM Provisioning technology
- Standards-based client applications such as RCS
- Software and/or hardware technical reference design platforms that can be incorporated in other products to provide functionality within the scope of GCF.
Any company that is not a mobile network operator, manufacturer of devices or platforms, or a developer of client applications, is welcome to join GCF as an Observer Member.
All GCF members can contribute to the debate on the technologies and functionality that should be included in Certification, test criteria, test tools and test cases.
Select the link below which best describes your organisation's role in the mobile industry to find out more about your membership options: