GCF is governed by two executive committees:
- Steering Group (SG)
- Board of Director (BoD)
Steering Group, open to all members, is GCF's primary decision-making body. SG conducts the main business of GCF, approves membership applications and agrees new 'Work Items' that will define new GCF Certification Criteria.
The Board of Directors fulfils the statutory obligations of Global Certification Forum (GCF) Ltd. It also oversees matters such as stratgic planning, marketing, HR and financial management.
Voting members elect board members and agree the annual budget at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Global Certification Forum (GCF) Ltd.
Agreement Groups implement GCF's technical work based on Work Items agreed by the Steering Group:
Conformance Agreement Group (CAG)
- Develops and maintains certification criteria that relate to a product's "conformance" to industry standards
- Tests will typically be validated and run on commercial system simulators
CDMA Conformance Agreement Group (CAG2)
- Develops and maintains "conformance" certification criteria for products that incorporate CDMA2000 (3GPP2) wireless technologies
CDMA Test Case Development Agreement Group (TCAG2)
- Develops and maintains GCF Test Specifications for CDMA2000 (3GPP2) products
- Collaborates with the CAG2 to ensure seamless integration of new test items into the 3GPP2 certification criteria.
Field Trial & Interoperability Agreement Group (FTAG)
- Develops and maintains criteria Field Trial test scenarios and interoperability use cases.
Performance Agreement Group (PAG)
- Develops and maintains the criteria for GCF Performance Metrics.
The Performance Metrics programme:
- complements GCF Certification
- Defines standardised methods for reporting on product attributes that do not relate to introperability - e.g. battery life and data througput.
The GCF Office is a small virtual team that supports GCF's day-to-day operations, provides a focal point for contact with the membership and maintains GCF's Devices Certification Criteria Database (DCC) and IT systems