GCF comprises two executive committees: the Steering Group (SG) and the Board of Directors. Typically, both meet four times a year.
GCF Steering Group (SG) is open to all GCF members and is the forum that conducts the main business of GCF including the approval of membership applications and agreeing the 'Work Items' that lead to the development of new GCF Certification Criteria.
The Board of Directors addresses matters such as strategic planning, marketing, HR and financial management. It also fulfils the statutory obligations of Global Certification Forum (GCF) Ltd.
An Annual General Meeting oversees the legal governance of GCF as a company, elects board members, and agrees the annual budget.
Agreement Groups implement GCF's technical work based on Work Items agreed by the Steering Group:
- GCF Conformance and Interoperability Agreement Group (CAG) is responsible for developing and maintaining certification criteria that are "conformance" and "interoperability" based – typically tests that will be run using commercial system simulators and test harnesses.
- GCF Field Trial Agreement Group (FTAG) is responsible for developing and maintaining criteria for Field Trial test scenarios.
- GCF Performance Agreement Group (PAG) develops and maintains the criteria for GCF Performance Measurement. This programme complements GCF Certification and defines standardised techniques for reporting on agreed device attributes with a view to replacing individual operator test methods and requirements.
- GCF Ancillary Equipment Agreement Group (AAG) develops and maintains criteria for ancillary equipment for mobile devices which comply with harmonised industry standards or interfaces.
The GCF Office is a small virtual team of dedicated professional staff that manages the day-to-day operations of GCF.
Led by the GCF Operations Manager, the Office:
- maintains the Devices Certification Criteria Database and reference documents
- maintains IT systems including the members' portal and public website
- manages membership enquiries and applications
- provides logistical support to all Group and Board meetings
- prepares minutes and action points arising from meetings
- manages GCF's marketing, PR, HR, finance and overall strategies in line with relevant decisions of the Board and/or Steering Group