GCF Key Performance Metrics
The Key Performance Metrics programme has been designed to allow manufacturers to quantify and report, in a harmonised way, on agreed aspects of the performance of a wireless product.
Performance Metrics testing is an optional but invaluable complement to GCF Certification.
The programme allows manufacturers to:
- Choose which performance characteristics to quantify - giving them flexibility to address performance attributes most relevant to the product and its intended use
- Retain control over access to the commercially sensitive performance data.
Standardised Performance Metrics contribute to efficiencies that benefit the whole industry:
- Manufacturers report against a common performance standard agreed by all GCF Operators
- Operators benefit from performance data measured using industry-agreed, best practice methods
- The test industry can offer test expertise against a common industry requirement
GCF’s Key Performance Metrics currently define product performance relating to
- Battery life
Members can propose the creation of a new Performance Metric at Steering Group.