GCF took over responsibility for the development and maintenance of CDMA2000 product certification on 1 December 2014, taking over from the CDMA Certification Forum.
The integration of CDMA2000 certification into GCF created a single unified certification process:
- suitable for any mobile product
- incorporating any combination of 3GPP and 3GPP2 wireless technologies
A common certification scheme embracing all 3GPP and 3GPP2 wireless technologies creates efficiencies and generates benefits across the mobile and associated industries.
Two Agreement Groups handle CDMA2000-related activity within GCF:
GCF Conformance Agreement Group 2 (CAG2)
- Develops and maintains "conformance" and "interoperability" certification criteria for products that incorporate CDMA2000 (3GPP2) wireless technologies.
GCF Test Case Development Agreement Group (TCAG2)
- Develops and maintains GCF Test Specifications for CDMA2000 (3GPP2) products
- Collaborates closely with CAG2 to ensure seamless integration of new test items into the 3GPP2 certification criteria.