GCF Certification demonstrates that a mobile phone or connected device conforms with mobile standards.
GCF helps manufacturers cut the cost of developing, launching and supporitng the devices that keep consumers connected.
The scheme is based on the principles of self-declaration: responsiblity for certification, and the ongoing maintenance of a product's certification, are fully accepted and assured by the certifying manufacturer.
Certification demonstrates that a mobile phone or wireless product:
- is compliant with GCF's agreed requirements
- will interoperate correctly when used on a variety of mobile networks
GCF references test specifications published by internationally recognised standards organisations and industry associations.
GCF Certification is relevant to mobile phones and wireless products of all types including:
- Handsets: smartphones & mobile phones
- Wireless broadband USB Modems
- Data Cards
- Mobile Gateway/Hotspots
- Wireless modules designed to add mobile connectivity to other products such as laptops, consumer, enterprise and M2M/IoT devices.
GCF Certification benefits consumers, operators, manufacturers and the wider mobile value chain and eco-system.