Indian Market Workshop #4, New Delhi
“Device Certification for the Indian Wireless Industry”
This workshop is part of a series of workshops organised by GCF with the objective of having key players in the Indian telecommunications industry, including operators, manufacturers, regulators, test equipment vendors, test labs, government organizations and others, convene to discuss and develop a device certification program for India based on GCF principles & best practices and leveraging the overall GCF certification framework.
The fourth workshop, organised with the co-operation with COAI and hosted by Tech Mahindra, will take place at The Lalit New Delhi, Barakhamba Avenue, Connaught Place , Delhi 110 001 on 27 March 2017.
The aim of this one-day workshop is to review, discuss and conclude on the device certification proposals based on feedback from the previous workshops and GCF’s India Market Taskforce discussions to date.
The workshop will cover the certification of mobile phones/tablets, M2M and IoT devices, with a focus on:
- Development of an LTE and LTE-A Device Profile specifically for India
- Field Trials testing capabilities on Indian Wireless Networks
- Establishment of Conformance test labs for both smart phones and IoT devices
- Use of GCF Programs and Processes to incorporate future India Requirements
- Collaborative efforts underway with key partners from both the regulatory side and the Indian Telecommunications Industry Associations
The workshop is free-of-charge to delegates but strictly “by invitation”.
Once participation is confirmed, further details, including the agenda, will be provided.