GCF Certification delivers extra confidence throughout the mobile value chain by demonstrating that a mobile phone or wireless device will interoperate correctly when used on a variety of digital mobile networks.
Observer membership is open to any company that has a genuine interest in 3GPP mobile devices.
Observer Members typically include software and application developers, suppliers of components used by Manufacturer Members, test equipment manufacturers and test laboratories. Observers do not have voting rights.
Observer Members benefit from:
- The opportunity to influence global best practice for conformance, interoperability and field testing by contributing to open discussion and debate in GCF meetings
- Direct involvement in the selection of new tests that will become certification criteria
- Early visibility of capabilities that they should prioritise in their test system developments
- Opportunity to present their test solutions for GCF endorsement and subsequent test case validation.
- Unique opportunity for focused networking with relevant experts from within manufacturers and operators
GCF membership fees are agreed annually by all full Members in the open forum of the Steering Group.
GCF's Recognised Test Organisation (RTO) scheme guides members towards organisations that can demonstrate that they meet agreed criteria for the performance of GCF testing.
Info Sheet Observer Membership260.91 KB