GCF Certification provides confidence in the interoperability of mobile phones, wireless products and mobile networks.
The scheme is based on the principles of self-declaration: responsiblity for certification, and the ongoing maintenance of a product's certification, are fully accepted and assured by the certifying manufacturer.
GCF's ethos is "test once, use anywhere".
Certification demonstrates that a mobile phone or wireless product:
- is compliant with GCF's agreed requirements
- will interoperate correctly when used on a variety of mobile networks
GCF references test specifications published by recognised standards orgaisations and industry forums.
GCF Certification is relevant to mobile phones and wireless products of all types including:
- Handsets: smartphones/mobile phones
- Wireless broadband USB Modems
- Data Cards
- Mobile Gateway/Hotspots
- Wireless modules designed to add mobile connectivity to other products such as laptops, consumer, enterprise and M2M/IoT devices.
GCF Certification benefits consumers, operators, manufacturers and the wider mobile value chain and eco-system.